Video Director Internship (Summer 2021) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Video Production and Directing experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks are entering their 5th season in the Northwoods League. After a unique 2020 season, the Larks look to continue to use the Power of FUN to make a difference in the community. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community. Sellouts are not uncommon in Bismarck as the Larks have sold out over 75% of their games through 4 seasons.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: August 20, 2021 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Broadcasting, Film, Journalism, Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Video directors must be proficient in some type of video editing software.
- Competency in business skills and tools
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including correct grammatical usage
- Organized, motivated, and able to work independently
- Team-leadership and adaptability
- Ambitious and self-initiated
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks home games and special events. Preparation will start the morning of each day
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Expected to participate in tarp pulls
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- Will act as an extension of full time staff and preform other duties as assigned
Description of Responsibilities:
Every Bismarck Baseball game will be broadcasted live (audio and video) over the Internet on NorthwoodsLeague.tv, larksbaseball.com through an upgraded hi-definition and extensive 4-camera video production setup. The team will have 36 home games in the regular season, beginning late May thru mid-August.
Each four-camera broadcast will include three manually operated cameras and one stationary High Definition cameras. A HD camera will be located both behind home plate and in centerfield while the manually operated cameras will be stationed near first base and third base.
Video Directors will also be responsible for the following:
- Creating static graphics for the Broadcast
- Creating and organizing commercials for the Broadcast
- Manage overlay graphics for the Broadcast
- Direct camera shots and cue graphics during the broadcast
- Cut and upload highlights to the NWL Dropbox
- Ensure camera equipment is working all season long
- Assist Content Marketing Manager in creation of digital content
Reports To: Content Marketing Manager
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend. Housing is available at a reduced rate.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?