Fan Experience and Engagement Intern (Summer 2021) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world sales, customer service and fan engagement experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks are entering their 5th season in the Northwoods League. After a unique 2020 season, the Larks look to continue to use the Power of FUN to make a difference in the community. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community. Sellouts are not uncommon in Bismarck as the Larks have sold out over 75% of their games through 4 seasons.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: August 20, 2021 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the guest service area. This includes set-up, tear-down, assisting fans with questions, developing ways to actively engage with fans and executing sponsor promotions.
- Responsible for hitting specific sales and sign-up goals each game (goals pre-determined by the Sponsor Experience Director)
- Assist the sponsorship & promotion team with daily activities, events and projects
- Assist with the development, implementation and execution of sponsor promotions and events
- Assist with the organization and implementation of game night activities, promotions and events at each home game
- Assist with implementing creative sales tactics to execute sponsor goals and objectives.
- Assist with scheduling VIP guests and game day experiences
- Assist with outside special events and mascot/player appearances
- All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Sales experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills preferred
- Previous experience in customer service
- Availability to work all games and events
- Extremely out-going, charismatic, personable and enthusiastic
- Ability to think creatively and outside-the-box
- Must be a team player with strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to multi‐task and handle responsibility
- Self‐ motivated and ability to take initiative
- Highly organized and able to prioritize under the pressure of deadlines
- Previous internship or job in marketing, promotions or graphic design is a plus but not required
Reports To: Sponsorship Experience Director
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?