Merchandise Internship (Summer 2021) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Merchandise Management experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks are entering their 5th season in the Northwoods League. After a unique 2020 season, the Larks look to continue to use the Power of FUN to make a difference in the community. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community. Sellouts are not uncommon in Bismarck as the Larks have sold out over 75% of their games through 4 seasons.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: August 20, 2021 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Human Resources.
Description of Responsibilities:
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks Home Games and Special Events
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- Merchandise inventory
- Merchandise store setup including pre-season cleaning and stocking of items
Game Day Responsibilities:
- Merchandise store setup and operation
- Cash handling and credit card transactions
- End of home stand inventory reports completed and sent to Merchandise Manager
Post Game Responsibilities:
- General cleaning of merchandise store
- Merchandise pickup and storage
- Any other request made by front office personnel
Post Season Responsibilities:
- Collect merchandise and complete inventory of collected items
- Cleaning & organization of merchandise stand and storage room
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including correct grammatical usage
- Organized, motivated, and able to work independently
- Team-leadership and adaptability
- Ambitious and self-initiated
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and work in a fast paced environment
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
Reports To: Merchandise Manager and Director of Ballpark Operations.
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend. Housing is available at a reduced rate.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?