The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world culinary and food & beverage experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation. A culinary position with the Bismarck Larks provides an experience that can’t be found anywhere else in the area. This experience will allow you to gain and expand on knowledge in several aspects of the food industry including: quick service, banquet events, high volume catering, special media events and commissary prep.
About the Organizations:
The Bismarck Larks were one of two teams to join the Northwoods League in 2017. Located just outside of downtown Bismarck, North Dakota the team plays at the newly renovated Bismarck Municipal Park which holds 1,600 fans. After a very successful Inaugural Season in which the Larks sold out 27 out of 36 home games, the Larks look to continue to build and become a staple in Bismarck.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 14, 2018 – Negotiable
End Date: August 17, 2018 – Negotiable
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Culinary Arts or Food & Beverage Management
Description of Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all aspects for smoking BBQ meats including: brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and chicken wings
· Produce and cook food products in large quantities in an efficient and consistent manner
· Maintain food safety and sanitation, including complying with all federal, state and local health codes
· Assist in improving food quality and consistency
· Operate food preparation equipment
· Deliver new ideas for recipes and products to the food management team
· Research ingredients, vendors, equipment, and restaurant and culinary concepts
· Assist with concessions location oversight
· Food & beverage inventory & tracking for assigned areas
· Assist with food & beverage orders
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Availability to work all games and events
· Must be a team player with strong leadership skills ?
· Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can?do” attitude
- You understand and can manage recipe documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication, professional demeanor
- Able to manage heavy workload, prioritize well and meet deadlines
- Resourceful, flexible, and able to creatively solve problems
- Passionate about food, cooking, trends and dining
· Food experience preferred
· The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
Compensation: Monthly Stipend.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
Contact: Nate Maddox, Director of Ballpark Operations. email@example.com