Ballpark Operations Internship (Summer 2021) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Baseball is offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Ballpark Operations, Food and Beverage and Hospitality experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks are entering their 5th season in the Northwoods League. After a unique 2020 season, the Larks look to continue to use the Power of FUN to make a difference in the community. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community. Sellouts are not uncommon in Bismarck as the Larks have sold out over 75% of their games through 4 seasons.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: August 20, 2021 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Human Resources.
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks Home Games and Special Events
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day. Office hours are typically at the ballpark
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
Description of Responsibilities: Each Ballpark Operations Intern will be responsible for the oversight of specific concessions locations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly assist the Director of Ballpark Operations
- Take a leadership role among Summer interns
- Responsible for receiving, inventorying and organizing all food and beverage orders
- Hands on role that will have minimal desk work
- Concessions location oversight
- Assist with Game Day Staff / Concession Employee Management
- Food & beverage inventory & tracking for assigned areas
- Assist with food & beverage re-orders
- Assist with scheduling & payroll of concessions employees
- Food & beverage waste management & tracking
- Ensure food quality control
- Assist with the quality control of ballpark cleaning and maintenance, including preemptive maintenance
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Availability to work all games and events
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can‐do” attitude
- Previous internship or job in ballpark operations is a plus but not required
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Customer Service & Management experience preferred
- Food experience preferred
- Ability to multi‐task and handle responsibility
- Self‐ motivated and ability to take initiative
- Skills with various power tools, and in different maintenance areas is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
Reports To: Director of Ballpark Operations.
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend. Housing is available if needed.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?