Ballpark Operations Internship - Summer 2021 with Kalamazoo Growlers Baseball in Kalamazoo · MI
Kalamazoo Growlers Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Kalamazoo · MI
The Kalamazoo Growlers and Battle Creek Bombers are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Ballpark Operations experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organizations:
The Kalamazoo Growlers are a 2014 Northwoods League expansion team beginning their Eighth season of play in 2021. The Growlers continue the rich history of baseball in Kalamazoo, carrying on the tradition of the Kalamazoo Kodiaks and Kalamazoo Kings. Homer Stryker Field, a 3,085 seat park located in Kalamazoo’s Mayors Riverfront Park is the home field of the Growlers. The Kalamazoo Growlers also run and operate the Battle Creek Bombers. The Battle Creek Bombers return for their 14th season in the prestigious Northwoods League. The Bombers, 2011 Summer Collegiate World Series Champions, play in historic C.O. Brown Stadium, a 2,267 seat facility located in the heart of Battle Creek, Michigan.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: On or near the start of summer (May 10)
End Date: On or near the end of summer (August 20)
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Sport Management or General Management (Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Journalism, Marketing, Food Management, and Business)
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assist with concessions location oversight
- Assist with Game Day Staff / Concession Employee Management
- Food & beverage inventory & tracking for assigned areas
- Assist with food & beverage re-orders
- Food & beverage waste management & tracking
- Ensure food quality control
- Assist with the quality control of ballpark cleaning and maintenance, including preemptive maintenance
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Availability to work all games and events
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can-do” attitude
- Previous internship or job in ballpark operations is a plus but not required
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Customer Service & Management experience preferred
- Food experience preferred
- Ability to multi task and handle responsibility
- Self motivated and ability to take initiative
- Skills with various power tools, and in different maintenance areas is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 60 lbs.
Compensation: Unpaid internship. Local housing/apartment (limited spaces available), Pre-game meals.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective required.
- Kalamazoo Growlers: Homer Stryker Field
- Battle Creek Bombers: C.O. Brown Stadium
How did you hear about this job?