The Kalamazoo Growlers and Battle Creek Bombers are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organizations:
The Kalamazoo Growlers are a 2014 Northwoods League expansion team beginning their fifth season of play in 2018. The Growlers continue the rich history of baseball in Kalamazoo, carrying on the tradition of the Kalamazoo Kodiaks and Kalamazoo Kings. Homer Stryker Field, a 2,543 seat park located in Kalamazoo’s Mayors Riverfront Park is the home field of the Growlers.
The Battle Creek Bombers return for their 12th season in the prestigious Northwoods League. The Bombers, 2011 Summer Collegiate World Series Champions, play in historic C.O. Brown Stadium, a 2,267 seat facility located in the heart of Battle Creek, Michigan.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: On or near the start of summer (May 1st)
End Date: On or near the end of summer (August 20th)
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Video / Audio (Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Sport Management, Journalism, General Management, and Business)
Description of Responsibilities:
· Help direct and operate video switcher for webcast of all home games
· Communicate with camera crew and radio broadcasters during webcast
· Update stats and graphics for webcast
· Film batting practice and bullpen sessions
· Oversee setup and tear down of camera equipment
· Shoot postgame interviews with player/manager
· Shoot postgame recap with broadcasters
· Shoot and edit original content for the organization
· Brainstorm ideas for various social media content
· Oversee overall care of video equipment
· Edit game highlights, interviews, postgame recaps to be posted on social media
· All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Availability to work all games and events
· Extremely out going and personable
· Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
· Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can-do” attitude
· Previous internship or job in video production is a plus but not required
· Ability to multi-task and handle responsibility
· Self motivated and ability to take initiative
Compensation: Local housing/apartment (limited spaces available), Pre-game meals
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective required.
· Kalamazoo Growlers: Homer Stryker Field
· Battle Creek Bombers: C.O. Brown Stadium