The Minot Hot Tots are offering an opportunity for current college students with an interest in ticket sales and service to gain knowledge, exposure and career experience in areas such as:
- Sales & Marketing –cold-calling, delivering a sales pitch, closing the sale
- Database Management – lead generation/prospecting, developing a database
- Customer Service – answering questions, providing information, diffusing problems
- Gameday Operations – building customer relationships, over delivering with customers
Who We Are
Bareknuckle Baseball oversees two teams in the Northwoods League (NWL); the Bismarck Larks in Bismarck, North Dakota and a new expansion team in Minot, North Dakota, the Minot Hot Tots, set to begin play in 2023.
The NWL is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing more fans than any league of its kind. The NWL provides top college players from North America and beyond a summer collegiate baseball experience. More than 300 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball in the NWL’s 29-year history.
The Bismarck Larks joined the league in 2017 and became the first team in NWL history to win NWL Organization of the Year in back-to-back seasons (2017 & 2018). The Larks sold out 27 of 36 home games in 2017 (75%) and continued their success in 2018 selling out 30 of 36 home games with an average overall attendance of more than 68,000 fans.
In 2020, the Larks became the first sports team in the country to play safely with fans in the stands during the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021, the Larks sold out 92% of every ticket and were named one of the top 30 employers in sports by Front Office Sports in the company of the Denver Broncos and Savannah Bananas. In 2022, the Larks sold out 97.5% of every ticket and averaged 1,852 tickets out of 1,900 tickets available each game. In 2023, the Larks will host the NWL All-Star Game.
The Minot Hot Tots will join the NWL in 2023. The Minot Hot Tots are looking for Ticket Sales and Service interns to join their team in Minot, North Dakota for the 2023 season. Individuals will have the opportunity to help start and build a team while receiving hands-on experience in the sports, event and entertainment industry.
The Internship Position
As a Sales and Marketing intern, you will support our ticket sales team by assisting with single game and group ticket sales, providing exceptional customer service to season ticket holders and fans, generating leads and managing fan databases.
As a Sales and Marketing intern, you will work closely with the ticket department and other internal departments to assist with all team sales and servicing needs. This includes but is not limited to cold calling fans, answering fan communication, guerilla marketing, and serving as a Hot Tot representative at various promotions, events, Hot Tot games and Funatix events.
Start Date: May / June 2023
End Date: August 21, 2023 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicants should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Hospitality, Business, Marketing or Sales.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Outreach via telephone, email and in person to qualified sales leads to generate ticket sales revenue through season ticket, group outings and mini plans
- Provide in-office and game-day support in the area of ticket resolution, customer service and will call
- Work in to box office on game nights assisting fans with walk-up sales
- Learn and use the Northwoods League ticketing systems for reports, account updates, and order processing
- Assist ticket sales staff to achieve overall ticket sales goals of the team
- Represent the team at various team and Funatix Events and participate in other outside, community events and mascot appearances, as defined by the team
- Promote a positive fan experience by interacting with our fans in all areas of the ballpark
General Team Responsibilities
Game and Team Event Availability: Expected to be available for all Minot Hot Tot home games and team events, this includes weekends and holidays.
Funatix Event Availability: Expected to be available for select Funatix Events including but not limited to company picnics, festivals, etc. Full event list will be provided. This includes weekends and holidays.
Game Day and Event Hours: Expected to be available from mid to late morning through the end of the game and/or event. Schedule will be decided by the direct supervisor on a homestand and event basis.
Non-Game Day/Event Hours: Expected to attend office hours of 9 AM-5 PM each weekday.
- Assist with distribution of team pocket schedules, posters and other marketing materials throughout the stadium and community.
- Assist with ballpark set-up and tear-down before-the-season, after-the-season and during each homestand
- Assist with ballpark clean-up after every home game this includes but is not limited to trash, bathrooms, etc.
- Assist with event set-up and tear-down at team events and Funatix Events
- Assist with Family Fun zone set-up and tear-down
- Maintain ballpark cleanliness including but not limited to: cleaning tables, chairs, Family Fun Zone area, etc.
- Every intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- All other duties as assigned by front office staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Availability to work all home games, team events and Funatix Events
- Customer service & management experience preferred
- Previous internship or job in sales is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 30-50 lbs
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player with strong leadership and communication skills
- Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can‐do” attitude
- Ability to multi‐task and handle responsibility
- Self‐ motivated and ability to take initiative
- Enthusiastic team player, shows enjoyment and interest in working collaboratively
- Uphold our core values: Best, Uplift, Nerve, Teamwork. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values.
- Uphold our service vision: Happy People Making People Happy. We want people who love what they do, who find joy in making others laugh or smile, who want to use fun and happiness to make a difference in the lives of coworkers, clients and fans.
Reports To: Director of Ticket Sales and Inside/Group Sales Manager
Stipend: Team will provide a $440 monthly stipend for living expenses such as utilities, food and gas.
Housing: Housing provided (if needed). Utilities provided by team (does not include wifi and cable). Intern will be responsible for wifi and/or cable.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.