Ticket Operations Intern with Madison Mallards Baseball Club in Madison · WI
Madison Mallards Baseball Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Madison · WI
The Madison Mallards are seeking individuals to assist in the Mallards Ticket Office. The ticket operations interns will be assisting the Mallards staff in day-to-day ticket sales duties as well as operations as needed.
- Answering phones and directing customers to the appropriate Mallards staff member
- Fulfilling orders, ticket swaps, and voucher redemptions
- Working with our ticketing software to sell tickets over the phone and at the box office
- Printing and managing will call tickets & windows
- Setting up and tearing down tents for private will call booths
- Delivering and pickup of tickets, signage and other general deliveries
- Informing customers of different seating options and ticket packages the Mallards offer
- Helping other departments as needed
- Closing duties of the office and parts of the ballpark
- Maintaining overall cleanliness of the front office and front gate area
- Fulfilling donation requests from local fundraising groups
- Coverings ticket office shifts on non-game days
- Customer service background or prior experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledgeable with computer software (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Email)
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Flexibility to work outdoors rain or shine
About Big Top Sports and Entertainment:
Big Top Sports and Entertainment is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 400,000 fans in 2019. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue until all positions are filled.
Currently 80% of Big Top Sports and Entertainment’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All Interns will receive a $1,850 housing & travel. There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signs, preparing the ballpark prior to the season, deliveries and other miscellaneous outdoor work.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel or outside speakers that have gained success in the industry.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you receive college credit for this internship?