Sponsorship Activation Intern with Madison Mallards Baseball Club in Madison · WI
Madison Mallards Baseball Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Madison · WI
The Madison Mallards are seeking customer service-oriented individuals to assist in the Mallards sponsorship activation and marketing efforts. These individuals will be central to creating a world class fan experience at the Duck Pond and overseeing the execution of sponsorship elements. The sponsorship activation interns will serve under the close supervision of the Sponsorship Activation and Community Relations Coordinator. They will also assist the marketing interns with on-field activities along with a variety of community initiatives.
- Oversee sponsorship contracts and ensure all elements are being executed in-season
- Assist in preparing sponsorship recaps
- Prepare sponsor related content for use in Mallards marketing materials, including social media, mass emails, and game day scripts
- Attend/facilitate special events such as community little league games, movie nights, parades, and baseball clinics
- Execute sponsorship contests, including gathering entries, calling winners, and facilitating prize distribution
- Coordinate giveaways and contractual elements on game days
- Attend mascot and player appearances in the community
- Willing to be the mascot if needed
- Assist with on-field promotions and pre-game activities
- Develop positive relationships with fans, clients, and community members to help promote the Madison Mallards
- Attention to detail and organization skills are a must
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Professional as interacting with clients
- Personable – must be willing to make phone calls
- Excellent writing and communication skills. May be asked to provide writing samples
- Upbeat and fun personality – not afraid to engage with fans and the community
- Willingness to work outdoors rain or shine
About Big Top Sports and Entertainment:
Big Top Sports and Entertainment is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 400,000 fans in 2019. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue until all positions are filled.
Currently 80% of Big Top Sports and Entertainment’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All Interns will receive a $1,850 housing & travel stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signs, preparing the ballpark prior to the season, deliveries and other miscellaneous outdoor work.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel or outside speakers that have gained success in the industry.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you receive college credit for this internship?