The Mallards are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our crew as a Public Address Announcer for all home Mallards games. The PA Announcer’s duties include announcing starting line-ups, presentations, contests, sponsorship reads, and other duties as assigned. The PA Announcer is the main voice of the Mallards while in the stadium. Therefore, it is crucial that this person creates a fun, fan-friendly experience inside the Duck Pond.
• Strong vocal talent
• A unique and definitive personality
• Unafraid to have fun with the crowd
• Ability to be spontaneous, work off script and react quickly
• Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
• Comfortable announcing to crowds of over 6,000 people on a microphone
• Able to attend all home Mallards games and arrive 1.5 hours before first pitch for each game
• Receptive to both positive and negative feedback
• Comfortable working closely with the Mallards full-time marketing staff
• Experience working as a PA announcer, in television, in radio, or on stage is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of the game of baseball preferred
The public address announcer is compensated at a competitive rate, based on experience. This position is considered part-time and does not include any benefits. The public address announcer is also provided ten free tickets for personal use.
• Cover letter including information about why applicants feels he or she would be the best candidate to be the voice of the Madison Mallards
• Resume detailing relevant experience
• An MP3 of applicant’s voice performing in some capacity