The Madison Mallards are seeking full time hospitality interns. Hospitality interns will oversee our high-end clientele in our exclusive suites throughout the ballpark, in addition to being involved in various Special Events
Hospitality Intern Duties Include:
- Oversee and assist with set up and tear down of all suites in the ballpark
- Oversee and assist (when necessary), all suite/inclusive area food expediting and setup with all appropriate table settings
- Managing/scheduling of part time staff in the hospitality areas.
- Working closely with Food & Beverage Management and other staff to ensure suites are stocked and ready in a timely manner
- Preparing for special events and non-game day events in suites and other designated hospitality areas
- Working with the client and sales rep of each group to ensure a phenomenal customer experience
- To limit and monitor food waste
- Ability to think on one's feet and problem solve in fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work outdoors rain or shine as well as a kitchen environment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Positive attitude and willingness to adapt to last minute changes
- Food and beverage experience preferred
About the Madison Mallards:
The Mallards are one of the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball teams in the nation attracting more than 200,000 fans in 2022 and looking to grow that number heading into next summer. The Mallards annually hires more than 20 intern positions for the season, who may also have the opportunity to gain experience at other Madison based teams throughout the summer. Many of our full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with us prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, Green Bay Packers, and various minor league and summer collegiate league teams across the nation.
You must be able to receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement for you. All interns will receive a housing & travel stipend. All Interns will be required to participate in weekly sports management workshops and external community baseball clinics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.