Graphic Design/Video Board Management Intern with Madison Mallards Baseball Club in Madison · WI
Madison Mallards Baseball Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Madison · WI
The Madison Mallards are seeking an individual to operate the team’s full color outfield video board for all 37 home games this summer and produce digital media for the team. This individual will also assist the Director of Marketing to ensure that all sponsorship and advertising contracts are fulfilled. They will also assist the PR Intern on editing photos for the team’s website. Please provide examples of graphic design work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Become an expert with our video board software - ClickEffects
- Design images with sponsor logos to be shown on the video board throughout the game
- Design player cards for all home and visiting players
- Coordinate with PA Announcer on timing and execution of in-game requirements and game-day script
- Assist with various graphic design projects as needed
- Assist the PR Intern in creating graphics MallardsBaseball.com
- Assist the Video Production and Webcast Intern in producing video content for use on the video board
- Creating motion graphics/animations if you have the skills
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is a must
- Experience in Adobe AfterEffects and Premiere Pro a huge plus
- Must be a creative thinker and do well in a fast-paced environment
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the flow of a baseball game
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- A general understanding of baseball is preferred
- Laptop and Photoshop not provided
- Video board software provided
About Big Top Sports and Entertainment:
Big Top Sports and Entertainment is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 400,000 fans in 2019. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue until all positions are filled.
Currently 80% of Big Top Sports and Entertainment’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All Interns will receive a $1,850 housing & travel stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signs, preparing the ballpark prior to the season, deliveries and other miscellaneous outdoor work.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel or outside speakers that have gained success in the industry.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Link to portfolio: