Community Engagement/Merchandise Manager (Seasonal)
The Kenosha Kingfish are seeking a dedicated and energetic individual to manage the American Outfitters Team Store at Historic Simmons Field and coordinate and execute all community related events for the team. This seasonal position will run from May 1st, 2018 through August 31st, 2018 and will report to the Director of Marketing & Business Development.
Candidates with an experience in community event coordination and retail/merchandise are encouraged to apply.
Community Engagement Pieces:
- Attend all community related events including parades and player appearances
- Attend all community clinics run by the Kingfish
- Coordinate and maintain Elvis’ appearance schedule
- Assist in all special events at the ballpark throughout the summer
Retail Management Responsibilities Include:
- Set-up and maintain a well-stocked, orderly store
- Maintain inventories throughout the season
- Train, schedule, and manage part-time game day staff
- Fulfill all online orders
- Manage point of sale systems
- Provide unsurpassed customer service to each fan that enters the store
- Generate new ways to increase sales and peak fans interest
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Background in retail/merchandise
- Customer services skills are a must
- Ability to multi-task and complete time sensitive projects
- Strong work ethic is a must
- Drive to accomplish goals set for the summer
- Willingness to go above and beyond and exceed expectations
Big Top Baseball – About Us
Big Top Baseball is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2017. BTB annually hires more than 50 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Madison Mallards, Green Bay Bullfrogs, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.