The Green Bay Bullfrogs are currently accepting applicants for their 2018 game day internships. The Bullfrogs are members of the Summer Collegiate Northwoods League and play 36 home games from mid-May – August. Additionally, the Bullfrogs are a member of Big Top Baseball, which is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2017. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue to do so until all positions are full.
Currently 22 of Big Top Baseball’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
The Bullfrogs look for 10 game day interns each summer to help fill vital roles of their organization. The game day internships require you to attend all home Bullfrogs games, special events and four community appearances. All game day interns are expected to arrive at the ballpark at least 3 hours prior to the start of the game and work through the end of the game.
- Help to provide new content to the Bullfrogs website
- Assist or help write unique feature stories for each home game that will go into the Bullfrogs game day program
- Assist the Bullfrogs PA Announcer to help serve as the Bullfrogs official scorer during the games. This includes learning Pointstreak Software (previous knowledge of scoring a baseball game required).
- Exemplary writing ability
- Ability to adapt on the fly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Be capable of taking direction in completing assigned tasks under direct supervision