Ticket Sales Internship (Jan 2020-Sept 2020) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world sports sales experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
The Ticket Sales Intern will gain knowledge & exposure in areas such as:
- Sales & Marketing –cold-calling, delivering a sales pitch, closing the sale
- Customer Service – answering questions, providing information, diffusing problems, executing touchpoints
- Gameday Operations – building customer relationships, over delivering with customers
About the Organization:
Entering their fourth season, the Bismarck Larks look to continue providing a fan centered atmosphere at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark. The Larks have sold out 75% of games in their first seasons and continue to make strides to sell out more and more games. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: January 6, 2020
End Date: September 4, 2020
Internship Time Commitment: January-April:40 hrs/week, May-September 40+hrs per week (dictated by game schedule)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales.
General Team Responsibilities:
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks home games and special events. Preparation will start the morning of each day
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Expected to participate in tarp pulls
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- Will act as an extension of full time staff and preform other duties as assigned
Description of Responsibilities:
- Answering phones and directing customers to the appropriate Larks staff member
- Fulfilling orders, ticket swaps, and voucher redemptions
- Working with our Ticket/CRM software to sell tickets over the phone and at the box office
- Delivering and pickup of tickets, and other general deliveries
- Informing customers of different seating options and ticket packages the Larks offer
- Working with ticket departments on servicing touchpoints.
- Contacting qualified sales leads to generate ticket sales revenue through season ticket, group outings and mini plans
- Handling customer service and ticketing issues
- Attending/staffing additional outside events (community relations)
- Work in box office on game nights assisting fans with walk-up sales
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Availability to work all games and events
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can‐do” attitude
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Customer Service & Management experience preferred
- Self‐ motivated and ability to take initiative
- Skills with various power tools, and in different maintenance areas is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Detail oriented and organized
- Competitive and committed
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Reports To: Director of Ticket Sales
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $1000 monthly stipend. Housing is available if necessary.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
Please express interest and submit Résumé and Cover Letter to Director of Ballpark Operations, Nate Maddox at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Nate by email or phone at (701) 557-7600.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?