The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Merchandise Management experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organizations:
The Bismarck Larks were one of two teams to join the Northwoods League in 2017. Located just outside of downtown Bismarck, North Dakota the team plays at the newly renovated Bismarck Municipal Park which holds 1,600 fans. After a very successful Inaugural Season in which the Larks sold out 27 out of 36 home games, the Larks look to continue to build and become a staple in Bismarck.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 14, 2018 – Negotiable
End Date: August 17, 2018 – Negotiable
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Sport Management or Merchandise
(Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Journalism, Marketing, and Business)
Description of Responsibilities
· Merchandise inventory
· Merchandise store setup including pre-season cleaning and stocking of items
Game Day Responsibilities:
· Merchandise store setup and operation
· Cash handling and credit card transactions
· End of home stand inventory reports completed and sent to Merchandise Manager
Post Game Responsibilities:
· General cleaning of merchandise store
· Merchandise pickup and storage
· Any other request made by front office personnel
Post Season Responsibilities:
· Collect merchandise and complete inventory of collected items
· Cleaning & organization of merchandise stand and storage room
Desired Skills and Qualifications:?
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including correct grammatical usage
- Organized, motivated, and able to work independently
- Team-leadership and adaptability
- Ambitious and self-initiated
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and work in a fast paced environment
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
Compensation: Monthly Stipend
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
Contact: Nate Maddox, Director of Ballpark Operations. firstname.lastname@example.org