Graphic Design & Sponsorship Services Internship (Jan 2020-Sept 2020) with Bismarck Larks Baseball in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Sponsorship Services & Activation experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
Entering their fourth season, the Bismarck Larks look to continue providing a fan centered atmosphere at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark. The Larks have sold out 75% of games in their first seasons and continue to make strides to sell out more and more games. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: January 6, 2020
End Date: September 4, 2020
Internship Time Commitment: January-April:40 hrs/week, May-September 40+hrs per week (dictated by game schedule)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Graphic Design, Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications.
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks home games and special events. Preparation will start the morning of each day
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Expected to participate in tarp pulls
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- Will act as an extension of full time staff and preform other duties as assigned
Description of Responsibilities:
- Design and produce digital and hard materials including flyers, web-specific graphics, posters, signage and other marketing materials through the use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Assist the sponsorship & promotion team with daily activities, events and projects
- Assist with the development, implementation and execution of sponsor promotions and events
- Assist with the organization and implementation of game night activities, promotions and events at each home game
- Assist in the execution of all on field promotions and fan engagement activities
- Write and develop story ideas for game day program
- Assist with scheduling VIP guests and game day experiences
- Assist with outside special events and mascot/player appearances
- All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent design and writing skills preferred
- Availability to work all games and events
- Extremely out-going, charismatic, personable and enthusiastic
- Ability to think creatively and outside-the-box
- Must be a team player with strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to multi‐task and handle responsibility
- Self‐ motivated and ability to take initiative
- Highly organized and able to prioritize under the pressure of deadlines
- Previous internship or job in marketing, promotions or graphic design is a plus but not required
Reports To: Director of Sponsorship Services
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $1500 monthly stipend. If needed, housing is available at a reduced rate.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We will begin contacting applicants to set up interviews the week of September 23rd.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?