Graphic Design and Video Board Internship (Summer 2020) with Bismarck Larks Baseball in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Graphic Design and Video Board experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
Entering their fourth season, the Bismarck Larks look to continue providing a fan centered atmosphere at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark. The Larks have sold out 75% of games in their first seasons and continue to make strides to sell out more and more games. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 11, 2020
End Date: August 15, 2020 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales, Graphic Design.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including correct grammatical usage
- Ambitious and self-initiated
- Competency in business skills and tools
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Organized, motivated, dependable, detail oriented, and able to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Team-leadership and adaptability
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks home games and special events. Preparation will start the morning of each day
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Expected to participate in tarp pulls
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- Will act as an extension of full time staff and preform other duties as assigned
Internship Specific Responsibilities:
- Create print ads, flyers, posters, social media graphics, and scoreboard graphics
- Create and edit layout and design of each edition of the gameday program
- On gameday, create and edit all scoreboard graphics necessary for sponsors and each element of the game
- Operation of the scoreboard each game
- Assist with website design
- Assist with ballpark signage design and ordering upon necessity
Reports To: Graphic Design Manager
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend. Housing is available at a reduced rate.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
Please express interest and submit Résumé and Cover Letter to Director of Ballpark Operations, Nate Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Nate by email or phone at (701) 557-7600.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?