The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world Ballpark Operations experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks were one of two teams to join the Northwoods League in 2017. Located just outside of downtown Bismarck, North Dakota the team plays at the newly renovated Bismarck Municipal Park which holds 1,600 fans. After a very successful Inaugural Season in which the Larks sold out 27 out of 36 home games, the Larks look to continue to build and become a staple in Bismarck.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 14, 2018 – Negotiable
End Date: August 17, 2018 – Negotiable
Academic Qualifications: Declared major or minor in Sport Management or General Management (Other majors will be considered including, but not limited to: Journalism, Marketing, Food Management, and Business)
Description of Responsibilities:
· Assist with concessions location oversight
· Assist with Game Day Staff / Concession Employee Management
· Assist in with operation of Kidz Zone
· Assist with the quality control of ballpark cleaning and maintenance, including preemptive maintenance
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Availability to work all games and events
· Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
· Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can-do” attitude
· Previous internship or job in ballpark operations is a plus but not required
· Cash handling experience preferred
· Ability to multi?task and handle responsibility
· Self? motivated and ability to take initiative
· Skills with various power tools, and in different maintenance areas is a plus
· The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
Contact: Nate Maddox, Director of Ballpark Operations. firstname.lastname@example.org