Everett AquaSox – Marketing / Media Assistant
May 14 - September 12
The Everett AquaSox, single-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, are hiring for a Marketing / Media Assistant for the 2018 season. This is an hourly ($11.50/hr), seasonal position, running from May 14-September 12. Hours will vary based on the AquaSox home game schedule, but will average 25-40 hours per week throughout the summer.
- Assist with all marketing projects throughout the season
- Work with game day entertainment to make sure that sponsored elements are being implemented correctly, prizes are provided and organized etc.
- Inventory of sponsor print (enter to wins, certificates) to ensure that we always have enough
- Deliver vouchers to sponsors, including Les Schwab and Fred Meyer
- Contact winners of sponsored contests and coordinate prize redemption (tickets, first pitch etc.)
- Take and organize photos for sponsor proof of performance, including signage, theme nights, sponsored areas of the ballpark, on-field promotions, video board etc. in conjunction with Marketing Manager
- Write and send out press releases including post game recaps
- Write and edit content for the Gameday Magazine program – five editions throughout the summer
- Work all home games – create Stat Packs and Game Notes for each game
- Maintain AquaSox press box – basic cleaning and upkeep
- Live Tweet Home Games from Press Box
- Work with AquaSox coaching staff to keep rosters up to date, post-game stats and coordinate media requests for player and coach access
- Other duties as assigned
Must be self-motivated and able to make decisions independently as needed. This candidate should show very good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Graphic design experience highly recommended. Must have the willingness to help the organization in all areas as needed.