Job Summary: To assist the Head Groundskeeper in the maintenance of the field and other aspects of the ballpark. Help ensure that the field is safe, playable and aesthetically pleasing to players and fans. This position is seasonal and runs April thru September.
- Ideal candidate will have an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Sports Turf Management or a related field.
- 1-2 years previous experience maintaining a baseball field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the field and surrounding areas
- Upkeep with equipment and its safe operation
- Assist in rain game procedures
- Maintain player relations to ensure their safety
- Safely perform all duties and responsibilities
- Work with supervisor to obtain goals
- Work all Staten Island Yankees home games and other events (concerts, camps, high school/college games, etc.) that take place at Richmond County Bank Ballpark at St. George .
- Must be positive and enthusiastic about working for the Staten Island Yankees and with the players
- Must be professional, courteous, and friendly when dealing with fans and other staff members.
- Must be able to work together as a team with other staff members and other departments.
- Must be willing to assist and assume other reasonable tasks as the need arises.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs.).
- Must have the ability to maneuver quickly and easily under changeable situations.
- Ability to quickly pull tarps and other related equipment on and off field.
- Ability to safely operate lightweight vehicles.
Assistant must be able to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.