The Trenton Thunder are looking for a qualified candidate for a Seasonal Grounds Assistant. The Thunder are a premier Minor League Baseball Team in the new MLB draft league. Our season runs from June to the end of August. We will also be hosting high school baseball, and college games, high school graduations, dance recitals, ect. as non-game day events. The Seasonal Assistants job will begin in April and will run through the end of September/the beginning of October.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in all aspects of maintaining the playing surface, as well as upkeep with batting tunnel, bullpens
- Assist in all field preparations on game days and non-game day events
- Daily care of the baseball grounds
- Mowing of the playing surface
- Preventive maintenance to the grounds and equipment
- Assist in fertilizer application
- Assist in the up keep of vehicles
- Be enrolled in 2 to 4 year turf program, or have previous grounds experience
Must be able to work long hours (including holidays and weekends), and handle all types of weather conditions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Please attach your cover letter, resume, and references
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.