Sioux City Explorers Digital Media Intern
This position is for someone who would like hands on experience in digital media for a professional sports franchise. Interns must be available in a full time format from May-August. Candidate should already have some experience in the sports media field.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Compiling game notes, stat packs and other needs for press box staff and broadcast.
- Assisting Explorers staff, visiting media and hometown media in the press box.
- Helping maintain the press box, cleanlines, functionality etc.
- Assisting the Explorers presence on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Writing reports for the team website like press releases and game recaps for games at home.
- Keeping the Explorers website up to date with recaps, player bio’s and transactions.
- Helping to create video and audio content, experience in Adobe is a plus.
- Example: Creating a short highlight tape of that night’s game.
- Helping to perform other ball park duties as assigned to interns.
- If a desire to do baseball play by play, innings can be rewarded with good work throughout the season.
- If an interest in baseball play by play, a demo of an unedited inning of play by play.
- Two writing samples, game recaps, press releases any sports writing material, please no personal blogs.
- Any examples of social media and or graphic design experience
- Any examples of video production
- Any other examples that you feel would make you the ideal Digital Media Intern
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and samples to Cheyenne Anderson at [email protected]