Position Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Blair Hoke, VP of Ticket Sales
Company: Salem Red Sox
The Salem Red Sox are the Single-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and a subsidiary of Fenway
Sports Management. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, and passionate self-starting
individual to join our highly successful sales team in Virginia’s beautiful Blue Ridge.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual that possesses strong oral and written communication skills and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be incredibly organized and have experience selling both ticket and corporate sponsorship packages while providing unsurpassed customer service for all clients. The primary responsibility of this position will be season ticket and group sales.
In addition to a fixed base salary, the Business Development Manager will earn commission for both new and renewed accounts. Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Sales of all Salem Red Sox ticket inventory including; Season Tickets, Hospitality, and Group Events
- Season ticket retention – servicing of accounts with goal of renewing a high percentage of accounts each year (position will inherit a competitive book of business)
- Build strong relationships with clients and provide excellent customer service to all fans
- Sell new local corporate sponsorship for the club
- Develop and maintain relationships with sponsorship clients throughout the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact
- Set in-person appointments with key decision makers
- Attend networking events & prospect for quality leads while being an ambassador of the Salem Red Sox brand
- Staffing ticket sales information tables at outside functions
- Be adaptable, innovative, and opportunistic with the goal of generating revenue for the Salem Red Sox in a number of ways
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field
- 2-3 years minimum experience in sales with a proven track record of sales success
- Superior communication and organizational skills a must
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.