In this position, our Baseball Technology interns would be located either in Wichita or Cedar Rapids. Their tasks would include Trackman operation and potentially Kinatrax operations. They will assist the Baseball Technology Coordinator at the affiliate with day-to-day needs, as well as any additional projects assigned from the Baseball Technology staff. During games, the interns will be responsible for operation and accuracy of the Trackman and/or Kinatrax data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Baseball Technology Coordinator with all home game Baseball Technology operations.
- Communication with affiliate staff and Baseball Technology Coordinator on daily needs and requests.
- Run Trackman mobile unit and high frame rate cameras for bullpens.
- Create video playlists for Twins players and opponents.
- Assist with pitch tipping projects and advance reports.
- Operate iPitch system for pregame cage work.
- Tag video for pregame bullpens and live BP's using BATS charting software.
- Operate Trackman stadium unit for pregame bullpens, live BP's, and batting practices.
- Assist coaching staff with additional projects.
- Assist Baseball Technology Coordinator with remote work during road games.
- Create playlists and reports on Twins players and opponents.
- Cut up video from previous nights' games.
- Operate Trackman or Kinatrax systems during home games.
- Input lineups and make sure rosters are correct pregame.
- Tag pitch and play data as the game is played.
- Assure all data is accurately logged.
- Upload everything after the game has ended.
- Troubleshoot any system issues with Baseball Technology Coordinator and Trackman/Kinatrax.
Required Experience and Education:
- Strong work ethic and willingness to think outside the box with an exploration mindset and integrative approach.
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of department, seniority levels and personalities.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Prior experience with Baseball Technology systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds.
Time Commitment: February 2024 - October 2024.
Location: 2 positions - one in Cedar Rapids, IA and second in Wichita, KS.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.