Dock Spiders 2020 Summer Internship with Fond du Lac Dock Spiders in Fond du Lac · WI
Fond du Lac Dock Spiders jobs
Sports Jobs in Fond du Lac · WI
2020 Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Internships:
The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders recently won the 2018 Northwoods League championship in just their second year, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders are owned by the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the Single ‘A’ affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience. Our season begins in Mid-May and continues through Mid-August. Fond du Lac Dock Spiders interns receive a salary of $1,500 for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games along with working normal business hours. Our 2020 internship positions are listed below.
- Organize and manage the team store during all Dock Spiders home games.
- Assist customers in team store throughout the day including sales and customer service.
- Fulfill on-line merchandise orders by packaging and delivering to Post Office.
- Oversee post-game team store close-out (cash handling, drawer balancing, etc.).
- Make change and deliver currency to various departments as needed during games.
- Train and assist concession staff on the proper close out procedures.
- Become familiar with our current point of sale software to assist with any problems that may arise during a game and provide any POS reports as needed.
- Count, reconcile and assist with the depositing of all cash from each department.
- Assist with the ticket office and handle incoming phone calls
- Assist with download and input of Game Day Staff hours for biweekly payroll.
- Assist Controller with accounts payable and accounts receivable, as needed.
- May be required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community.
- Responsibilities will also include assisting other departments when requested or needed.
How did you hear about this job?
Which internship position is your top choice?
Which internship position is your second choice?
Which internship position is your third choice?