Assistant Groundskeeper with South Bend Cubs in South Bend · IN
South Bend Cubs jobs
Sports Jobs in South Bend · IN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Assistant Groundskeeper can expect to work on all aspects of field care along with Head Groundskeeper. Days consist of performing maintenance, game day field preparation, fertilizing, spraying, aerating, infield grooming, mowing and clay work
- Maintain and demonstrate how to upkeep Bluegrass playing surface
- Daily prep of field such as mowing, infield skin and clay moisture
- Work with staff to prepare the field for game days, practices, tournaments, concerts and other events
- Assist with Game day set-up and breakdown of batting practice equipment
- Assist with tarp cover and removal when needed
- Other duties assigned by Head Groundskeeper
- Turfgrass management or related field of study is ideal but not required
- Must Have a strong work ethic and the ability to work with others
- Ability to multitask and problem solve on a daily basis
- Willing to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, lift and carry 50 pounds, bend, kneel, squat, twist and stand for extend periods of time.
- Ability to operate all of the grounds equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Knowledge of baseball field dimensions and maintenance practices ideal but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?