Position in the corporate structure: The Mascot Performer will report directly to the Senior Director of Promotions & Marketing and Special Projects Coordinator.
Mascot Performer Duties:
- Perform as the Captains mascot, Skipper, for all 70 Captains regular season home games, home playoff games under the direction of the Senior Director of Promotions & Marketing.
- Attend all off-site appearances in the community under the direction of the Special Projects Coordinator.
- Develop in-game entertainment involving the team mascot, including live skits or pre-recorded videos
- Work to develop skits and activities for the promotional staff to execute on game days
- Interact with fans and encourage fan involvement and enthusiasm at Captains home games
- Work with the Captains staff to follow up with all accounts during the season
- Work as a member of a TEAM, and Have Fun!!!
- Conduct self in a professional manner
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal candidate for this position must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Open and friendly personality
- Willing to take direction and learn
- Willingness to interact with the public at community functions
- Ability to work in hot temperatures while performing as the mascot
- Minimum physical requirements are able to lift, carry and transport up to 30 pounds
- Must be reliable, punctual, and courteous
- Good listening skills and ability to work with brief instruction
- Must also be flexible and able to handle situations with a quick and professional response
- Must have reliable transportation—mileage expenses incurred for official team business will be reimbursed
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.