Job Title: Off-Season Marketing & Entertainment Internship
Goal of Internship: The purpose of this position is to learn and develop entry level skill sets in the sports marketing industry. Learning potential is endless in this position and interns get out of the experience what they put into it.
Reports to: Assistant GM Marketing and Entertainment and will interact directly with all members of the organization’s front office especially with the Marketing and Promotions team.
Term: September 2023 -- April 2024
Organizational Information: The Michigan Baseball Foundation is a 501 (c)3 non-profit charity that owns and operates Dow Diamond, home of the Great Lakes Loons and ESPN 100.9-FM. MBF creates regional economic development and supports youth organizations through creative partnerships and grants by operating the finest minor league baseball facility and events center in the nation.
The Great Lakes Loons are a High-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers and members of the Midwest League. The team plays its home games at Dow Diamond, which was built in 2006. Since its opening in 2007, Dow Diamond has hosted over 1,000 special events for the region and was named Best Ballpark in Michigan by Baseball Journey (2012) and Best New Ballpark by Baseball Digest (2007).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and strengthen the Great Lakes Loons, ESPN 100.9FM and the Michigan Baseball Foundation’s brand values of fun, family entertainment, service excellence, and quality in all actions.
- Assist in the creation of 2024 Marketing content (social ads/banners, content and clips for Loons social media platforms as assigned. Log A/V footage and stills).
- Assist in content shoots (in-house and on-location) for The Great Lakes Loons and Michigan Baseball Foundation
- Develop a core portfolio of content creation duties for the off season. Examples could include: banner ads, Facebook/Instagram templates, in-game content for video board, media wall, lineup boards, and concessions menus.
- Participate and activate all grass roots efforts throughout the Great Lakes Bay Region for Great Lakes Loons Baseball, ESPN 100.9FM and the Michigan Baseball Foundation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience and Requirements
Junior, senior or graduate-level students
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with 1+ years of prior work experience preferred (part-time employment and previous internships of any type may be included).
- Graphic Design, Social Media Marketing or related majors preferred
- Proficient in Photoshop and/or Illustrator a MUST. Experience with After Effects a plus.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and at times work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be able to represent the Great Lakes Loons in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work in a tobacco free environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.