Manager, Public Relations - Miami Marlins (Miami · FL)
Miami Marlins Jobs
Jobs in Miami · FL
Communications/Community Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Proactively works to gain the maximum exposure through the development of strategic publicity plan for the entire Miami Marlins and loanDepot park experience. Fosters relationships with local, national and international media, developing creative storytelling opportunities for all facets of the Marlins brand.
- Working across a variety of departments in the organization, this role is accountable for the strategic streamlining to tell the organization's story with one aligned overall brand story to be delivered by all brand expressions
- Contribute to managing company brand and reputation, igniting conversations about the Marlins brand in our market.
- Involved in development and execution of organization’s media strategy to increase media coverage and maintain consistent message, working across both traditional and newer media formats and outlets as well as culture makers.
- Build strong working relationships with Club executives and their staff, to develop story ideas across the organization and help key areas meet their goals.
- Work with Communications team to drive editorial story planning and writing; develop opportunities for earned media coverage in local, national and international outlets, with continued outreach and relationship building with key opinion makers.
- Continually review all means of communications across the organization to ensure uniformity and execution
- Pursue awards and recognition
- Responsible for implementing and managing a Speakers Bureau; proactively seek and manage strategic executive visibility opportunities for organization executives.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- The person ideally suited to this role will be outgoing, energetic, comfortable networking and building relationships
- Highly organized to facilitate routine and accelerated work requests;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both internally and externally as a key team player; Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with organization executives;
- Knowledge of corporate communications and public relations;
- Creative approach to communications with experience providing direction and feedback to achieve aligned storytelling;
- Continuously strive to bridge organization efforts and bring visibility to the work being done by the Marlins organization;
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays if necessary.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Five years of professional communications;
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications
- Experience working with media;
- Experience with production and editing is a plus;
- Knowledge of the game of baseball and the Miami media market is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.