Manager, Foundation Events & Donor Development - Miami Marlins (Miami · FL)
Miami Marlins Jobs
Jobs in Miami · FL
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
The Manager of Development Events & Initiatives provides leadership and execution for the fundraising efforts, as well as special events for the Miami Marlins Foundation. The position is responsible for raising philanthropic resources through various sources, planning/executing fundraising special events and developing fundraising strategies to further the Foundation’s mission.
- Manages the planning and implementation of Miami Marlins Foundation fundraising, special events and Foundation related activities, including but not limited to all in game and non-game programs and initiatives; direct all 50/50 raffle fundraising planning and execution
- Build and Manage donor database; Collaborate on strategy for a capital campaign project, major gifts, and corporate partner donor program
- Attends homestand and production meetings during the Marlins season to coordinate and facilitate Marlins Foundation activities.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors; and oversee individual giving campaigns by preparing program pitches, materials and reports for various donors
- Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
- Grow annual fundraising drives, including in-stadium fundraising, employee fundraising drives, and player philanthropy
- Provides Foundation Board governance and assist in compliance elements
- Knowledge of best practices and fundraising trends in the non-profit community
- Perform other related duties as requested
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as part of the annual 81 home game schedule.
- Must be able to work all department events and serve as the Marlins Foundation lead for all fundraising activities and special events.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of endowments and working with charitable trusts is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, presentation skills and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be persuasive and influential, and display a positive attitude showing concern for people and community
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, donors, and other volunteers
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiative donor visits and fundraising calls
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study such as Business, Public Relations, or Marketing
- Three (3) years of experience in events, development, non-profit marketing, or related field with some emphasis fundraising
- Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge and CRM software is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.