The Miami Marlins Foundation is looking for high-energy, motivated sellers to join our 50/50 Raffle sales team for the 2019 Season. Through the Miami Marlins Foundation 50/50 Raffle, fans could win raffle earnings at Marlins home games and make a difference in the lives of South Florida’s youth.
Here’s how it works:
During designated games, fans may purchase 50/50 Raffle tickets from uniformed Raffle ticket sellers inside Marlins Park from the time gates open until the end of sixth inning. Each transaction is electronically tallied, and the ongoing total is displayed and updated in real time at various locations throughout the ballpark, enabling fans to watch the jackpot as it grows. Net proceeds from the raffle sales during each game will be split equally between one lucky fan and the Miami Marlins Foundation.
- Responsible for selling 50/50 Raffle tickets to Marlins Park attendees
- Responsible for setting up the three (3) 50/50 Raffle stations and programming hand-held machines
- Accurately handle the sale and distribution of the tickets and following program requirements
- Spread awareness of 50/50 Raffle Program
- Serve as ambassador of the Miami Marlins Foundation
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays according to baseball/events schedule.
- Must be prompt and have a reliable method of transportation
- Must have excellent verbal communication
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the Marlins Foundation’s mission
- Must be a responsible, motivated and determined individual
- Must be able to receive and follow directions
- Ability to handle financial transactions and possess financial accountability
- Prior experience in customer service or sales is a preferred
- Basic knowledge of baseball
- Must be able to stay in one stationary position for long periods of time as well as interact with guests throughout the ballpark
- Fluently bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- High school diploma required, seeking college degree preferred
- Interested career path in sports, fundraising, or community relations fields