In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF), established in 1995 and significantly reimagined in 2012, is a leading model for philanthropy and community engagement. With the goal of reaching all of Los Angeles and to be a model for sports teams worldwide, LADF is bigger than baseball. Focusing on education, health care, homelessness, and youth development, LADF has ambitions to be the city’s premier charity. LADF has invested more than $40 million in programs and grants to nonprofits, and fundraising has increased by 1,000% since 2012. LADF was awarded ESPN’s Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year (2020), Beyond Sport’s Sport for Reduced Racial Inequalities Collective Impact Award (2020), and the Aspen Institute Project Play Champion (2020), and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Sports Award (2021).
LADF is in the midst of an exciting period of growth and seeks a Manager, Programs to engage partners in the successful delivery of the Dodgers Dreamteam program (formerly Dodgers RBI). The Manager, Programs is responsible for supporting the partners that deliver the Dodgers Dreamteam program (formerly Dodgers RBI) and all associated activities.
Title: Manager, Programs
Reports to: Director, Programs
Pay Rate: $26.00/hour*
* Compensation rates vary based on job-related factors, including experience, job skills, education, and training.
- Directly lead 4-6 Affiliate Partner relationships, and associated Program Partners, for the effective delivery and scaling of the Dodgers Dreamteam program (formerly Dodgers RBI), including: Goal Setting, Community Understanding, Success of the Program, and Program Requirements.
- Collaborate with the Dodgers Dreamteam Coordinator who will be handling program logistics on the ground. Provide direction for efficiency in program management.
- Identify initiatives and intentional strategies to grow participation for Black youth, girls, and teens
- Ensure that partners are setup to efficiently coordinate the Dodgers Dreamteam program (formerly Dodgers RBI) by providing support and resources to help them optimize their programs. Aid in the completion of the grant and additional program requirements, such as Field Champions, LeagueApps, Marketing and Recruitment Strategies, Equipment and Uniforms, Coach Recruitment Resources/Partners, Newsletter, etc.
- Establish relationships in the communities where Affiliate Partners operate and where Dodgers Dreamfields exist to scale all programs to capacity. Generate and maintain connections across the communities served by LADF.
- Lead all logistical aspects and event execution of Affiliate Partners in their work. These events include Dodger Days, Coaches Trainings, Field Maintenance Trainings, Coach of the Year, MLB RBI Regionals, Player Development Trainings, Youth Clinics , Fitness Clinics, etc.
- Coordinate the annual Dodgers Dreamteam program (formerly Dodgers RBI) grant application process and reporting process, ensuring that Affiliate Partners are accountable to the terms of the grant and the overall partnership.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Grants and Initiatives to integrate all programs and initiatives (e.g. LA Reads, Science of Baseball, College and Career Accelerator, In This Together)
- Maintain program partner relationships that support the successful administration of programs and events.
- Assure the integrity of data and reporting related to Dodgers Dreamteam programs program (formerly Dodgers RBI) and guarantee partner data is aligned with LADF requirements. Supervise the efforts of the Dodgers Dreamteam Coordinator to ensure player and coach registration tracking and Hello Insight data is accurately processed in a timely manner.
- Directly supervise Associates and/or Consultants assigned annually.
Qualifications and Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years in youth and community serving organizations.
- Preferred prior experience in sports-based youth development or related field
- Ability to lead people, processes, and timelines with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external partners, including the ability to guide outcomes through a partner.
- Ability to interact respectfully with a diverse group of backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
- Ability to supervise and lead several projects and processes simultaneously.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both under supervision and independently.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule, which includes nights, weekends, and some home games
- Especially motivated, organized, and diligent; a great teammate with a willingness to help where required
LADF is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every background. The Foundation is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the federal, state and local levels which prohibit discrimination, and which provide for reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
LADF considers all applicants without regard to national origin, ancestry-ethnicity, race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or related medical conditions, genetic information, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that the Foundation obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes their right to work in the United States.
Our core values are the fundamental beliefs upon which our foundation and its people operate.
We look for hardworking team members who share our passion.
Opportunity – We know that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not.
Access – No recreational, education or health resource should be out of reach for any child.
Equity – We aim to level the playing field and make sure that every kid has a fair shot.
Collaboration – We believe that working well with others is the secret sauce to success.
Impact – The work we do must create meaningful progress that is measurable. We want to support proven programs.
Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standards across all of our work, striving for quality and credibility.