Angels Baseball-Full Time Baseball Systems Developer - Los Angeles Angels (Anaheim · CA)
Los Angeles Angels jobs
Sports Jobs in Anaheim · CA
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, must then fully complete the application process on follow-up screen. Resumes are required*
The Los Angeles Angels are seeking a Developer to join the Baseball Operations’ Baseball Systems Development team. This position will focus on the development and maintenance of the Angels’ internal baseball information system and all of the data flows that support it.
- Design, develop and maintain the front end of the Angels’ internal baseball information system
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for loading data from multiple sources using a variety of formats (APIs, JSON, XML, CSVs, etc.)
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve data quality issues
- Collaborate with the IT department to address needs related to Baseball Systems department
- Remain up-to-date with respect to industry best practices and new technologies and how they relate to the club’s needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study strongly preferred.
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience with modern database technologies and SQL
- Working knowledge of advanced baseball statistics and sabermetric concepts
- Preferred: Experience building web or native applications for mobile devices
- Preferred: Experience building and supporting ETL processes
- Ability to frequently sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally work in inclement weather (when in stadium)
- Ability to traverse from office to stadium frequently
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note that any job offer is contingent upon your providing verification that you have been fully vaccinated (at least 14 days have passed since receiving final dose of vaccine) against COVID-19. Job offers will be withdrawn (regardless of whether you have already signed) if this condition is not satisfied. Unless and until this step has been completed, you should not resign your current employment, otherwise alter your employment status, or alter any personal circumstances in reliance on a conditional offer. Angels Baseball is committed to providing equal opportunity, and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. If there is a medical or religious reason you believe you cannot comply with this requirement, please discuss with Human Resources during your interview process.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.