Angels Baseball - 2021 Season- Part-Time, Event Staff (Usher) - Los Angeles Angels (Anaheim · CA)
Los Angeles Angels jobs
Sports Jobs in Anaheim · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Usher/Ticket Taker
*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, must then fully complete the application process on follow-up screen. *
WANT TO BE PART OF OUR STARTING LINEUP?
WANT TO BE PART OF OUR STARTING LINEUP?
Come and be part of our amazing seasonal team!
The Event Staff employee is primarily responsible for assisting the fans as they enter the ballpark and directing them to their seating location. Event Staff employees are also responsible for maintaining an enjoyable, hassle-free environment for all guests of Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Ability to interact with large crowds in a calm and professional manner. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Greet each fan with a warm smile and a friendly “Welcome to Angel Stadium” and “May I see your ticket please.”
- Assist guest in how to get to their seating location; may involve ascending /descending stairs
- Walk the assigned section to check for any safety hazards prior to gates opening and reports conditions such as broken seats or spills to usher captain immediately
- Escorts or directs fans to their proper seat location; checks the validity of each ticket in regards to the game date and seat location
- Assists guests who have problems regarding duplicate tickets.
- Always checks assigned section after a foul ball lands in or near it. Checks to see if anyone was injured by the foul ball and, if so, summons First Aid. Is aware of guest confrontations resulting from these “souvenirs.”
- Observes assigned section for any signs of disturbance: this includes problems arising from alcohol, smoking, abusive language, arguments, guests running onto the field and objects being thrown
- Receives and acts on complaints from guests. Does not avoid dealing with problems in assigned section
- Keeps assigned section as clean as possible. Picks up any trash that is dropped in the portals and walkways. Notifies housekeeping to clean up any spills. If a hazardous condition exists due to a spill, stand near the area and direct guests away from the problem
- Knows all Angels policies and procedures, especially those regarding crowd control and tickets
- Remains aware of any special activities, functions, or promotions for that particular day
- Keeps a strong understanding of all areas of the stadium
- Knows emergency evacuation plan and exit routes. Remains calm and provides direction and guidance in the event of an emergency
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Two years of crowd management experience (preferred)
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining calm yet tactful when required.
- Patient and observant with ability to think clearly in emergencies, giving accurate instructions and information to others.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to climb stairs (up to 33% of shift), and to stand for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours)
- Ability to work in inclement weather
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.