AM830 KLAA Radio - Full Time Producer - AM830 KLAA Radio (Anaheim · CA)
AM830 KLAA Radio jobs
Sports Jobs in Anaheim · CA
Technical Services: Producer
AM830 KLAA is the flagship station for The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, must then fully complete the application process on follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Chief Engineer & Operations manager, the Producer will be responsible for developing and producing all elements of The SportsLodge program and other shows and may be required to perform on-air segments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, coordinate, and support the execution of The SportsLodge broadcast and other broadcasts if necessary.
- Schedule interview guests and maintain a roster of guests for future use.
- Work with Talent on which guests Talent would like to have on the next or future shows.
- Implement programming directives from Talent and Senior Management.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies such as Talent, Staff, clients, listeners and the general public.
- Confer with Supervisors and Board Operators to coordinate activities.
- Record commercial, public service and promotional announcements with Talent, or perform other on-air duties.
- Handle on-air phone activities such as connecting to Guests and screening callers as needed.
- Coordinate Remote Broadcasts and Talent Appearances with Talent and Promotions Manager.
- Collect sound on site at regional team games (Rams, Chargers, Lakers, Ducks, etc.)
- Maintain good relations with regional sports teams.
- Collect sound actualities from yourself, field reporters, stringers, station Board Ops, Logger, networks and other sources.
- Send Sound Sheet to Talent and work out which cuts Talent would like to use on the next show.
- Place selected sound cuts into the playback system button bars for SportsLodge.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned or needed.
- Work with Talent to determine a sequence of segments to be
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience producing radio talk shows preferred. Prior experience in sports radio is a plus.
- Must be creative and have the ability to maintain and build strong media and listener relations
- Demonstrated talk show writing skills and ability to produce live shows consistent with public radio standards and style
- A successful candidate must be able to exercise independent judgment under minimal guidance, meet daily deadlines, be able to multi-task, have strong time management skills, be organized and be a self-starter
- Candidates must know how to make sports entertaining, credible, and reliable AND must have a passion for sports and programming.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel to remote locations
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently reach and use hands while operating production equipment
- Must be able to frequently work outdoors in all weather conditions and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note that any job offer is contingent upon your providing verification that you have been fully vaccinated (at least 14 days have passed since receiving final dose of vaccine) against COVID-19. Job offers will be withdrawn (regardless of whether you have already signed) if this condition is not satisfied. Unless and until this step has been completed, you should not resign your current employment, otherwise alter your employment status, or alter any personal circumstances in reliance on a conditional offer. LAA 1, LLC (AM830) is committed to providing equal opportunity, and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. If there is a medical or religious reason you believe you cannot comply with this requirement, please discuss with Human Resources during your interview process.
LAA 1, LLC (AM830) believes that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.