Little League® International Sponsorship and Marketing Internship – Summer 2023
Little League® Internationalof Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is seeking a qualified juniors or seniors to join the Marketing team to assist with the development and implementation of strategy around the Little League World Series at the Little League International Headquarters. The internship will run from approximately mid-May to August and is subject to availability as candidates must be available to work during the 2023 Little League Baseball® World Series in from August 16-27. The hours typically follow normal business hours, Monday – Friday and earns $15 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
All applicants must be willing to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols and acceptance into the internship is contingent on all applicable background checks. The preferred fields of study include Marketing, Sports Marketing, Sport Managements, Business Management, Public Relations, or related fields.
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SPONSORSHIP AND MARKETING INTERN AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Our internship program provides a hands-on learning experience with one of the world’s most visible sporting events. It provides the opportunity to work with major brands in the sports marketing industry, including adidas, DICK’S Sporting Goods, T-Mobile and others. The Sponsorship and Marketing Intern will report to the Director of Partnership Marketing to assist with day-to-day client relationship management of Little League national partners, implementation of brand strategies, asset fulfillment, and event support for on-site and digital media initiatives during the Little League Baseball and Softball World Series. This position will also help to plan and manage logistics for sponsorship commitments at each of Little League’s Regional Tournaments and Divisional World Series events. This position may include working with the Licensing and Merchandising departments.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Providing hands-on event management support during the months of June through August
- Management and tracking of sponsor deliverables
- Execute social and digital initiatives while evaluating performance against benchmarks and providing recap metrics
- Assisting with the preparation of sponsor and marketing related materials for Regional and Divisional tournaments
- Provide oversight and assistance in executing national partner programming from local league levels up through the Little League World Series International Tournament
- Other marketing, licensing, and merchandising duties added as needed
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SPONSORSHIP AND MARKETING INTERN:
- Ability to lead projects and work independently, while also possessing excellent teamwork skills
- Customer service skills – complete all tasks effectively while engaging with other staff, fans, and clients in a respectful manner
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and reach department objectives
- A positive attitude
- Familiarity with baseball/softball (basic rules/gameplay, game situations, noteworthy happenings, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, etc.). Knowledge of Adobe Suite is a plus
- Availability from late May to end of August. Candidates must be available for the entirety of August, including some evening and weekend work during the Little League World Series. Please be prepared to share your approximate return to school date if selected for an interview.
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19.
Little League International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome underrepresented minorities to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.