Little League® International Social Media Internship – Summer 2023
Little League® International of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is seeking qualified candidates to join the social media efforts for the summer of 2023 at our headquarters location. The internship will run from approximately May to August and is subject to availability as candidates must be available to work during the 2023 Little League Baseball® World Series in mid-August. The hours typically follow normal business hours, Monday – Friday and earns $15 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
All applicants must be willing to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols and acceptance into the internship is contingent on all applicable background checks. The preferred fields of study include Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, Journalism, or related field.
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Our internship program provides a hands-on learning experience with one of the world’s most visible sporting events. It provides behind-the-scenes access to the inner-workings of a sports organization from a holistic social media perspective. Reporting to the Director of Social and Digital Strategy, successful candidates will aid in executing Little League’s overall digital strategy with an emphasis on enterprise social media. Position may also include videography, graphic design, photography, and more!
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Creating and posting content on social media channels (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Graphic design for social platforms
- Analyzing and tracking key performance metrics
- Photography/Videography – shooting, sorting, selecting images for various purposes
- Assisting with Little League Baseball® World Series video highlights processing and distribution
- Organizing and digitizing archived media
- Other video, digital media, or communications duties added as needed
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN:
- A positive attitude
- Project management and customer service skills – ensure that all tasks are completed to satisfaction and engage with other staff in a courteous and respectful manner
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and reach department objectives
- High-level familiarity with the games of baseball and softball – basic rules and gameplay, game situations, noteworthy happenings, etc.
- Strong editorial judgement with the ability to discern what resonates with various consumer groups, and create engaging copy in real-time
- Ability to learn quickly with a high degree of comfort around mobile phone and DSLR photography, laptop and desktop computers, simple troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
Note: Please upload your resume, cover letter and 2-3 written work samples.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19.
Little League International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome underrepresented minorities to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.