Little League® International Event Merchandising Internship – Summer 2023
Little League® International of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is seeking a qualified junior or senior to join Little League’s merchandise team during the summer of 2023 at Headquarters in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. This internship helps support and assist the Merchandise department in various areas of retail merchandising and system support for the Little League Baseball® World Series. Successful candidates will aid with customer service, product displays, merchandising, scheduling, and inventory control to maximize retail sales, revenue, and operational efficiencies while assuring a quality fan and customer experience.
The internship will run from approximately June to August and is subject to availability as candidates must be available to work during the 2023 Little League Baseball® World Series in from August 16-27. The hours typically follow normal business hours, Monday – Friday and earns $15 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
All applicants must be willing to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols and acceptance into the internship is contingent on all applicable background checks. The preferred fields of study include merchandising, marketing, hospitality, retail management, business operations, or related fields.
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN EVENT MERCHANDISING INTERN AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Our internship program provides a hands-on learning experience with one of the world’s most visible sporting events. This position provides the opportunity to aid with customer service, product displays, merchandising, scheduling, and inventory control to maximize retail sales, revenue and operational efficiencies while assuring a quality fan and customer experience.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assist with all aspects of retail including customer service, sales, product displays and floor sets
- Support and assist with merchandise and inventory processing at the Little League Baseball World Series complex
- Work with staff to maintain E-commerce platform during peak times (merchandise photography, etc.)
- Collaborate with merchandising team to set up and create in-store displays
- Assist with daily operations, sales, store maintenance and order fulfillment
- Act as a team lead during the 2023 Little League Baseball World Series
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN EVENT MERCHANDISING INTERN:
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work well independently within a team and service- oriented environment
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in an office/retail/warehouse setting; experience in retail preferred
- Proficient computer skills with ability to use MS Office tools, point of sale systems and job specific platforms
- Excellent communications skills, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and commitment to providing outstanding service
- Customer focused work style with internal personnel and external customers
- Ability to work well independently with fast paced, team- oriented environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends and evenings
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19.
Little League International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome underrepresented minorities to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.