Little League® International Graphic Design Internship – Summer 2023
Little League® International of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is seeking a qualified student to join Little League’s Graphic Design efforts for the summer of 2023 at our headquarters location. The internship will run from approximately May to August and is subject to availability as candidates must be available to work during the 2023 Little League Baseball® World Series in mid-August. The hours typically follow normal business hours, Monday – Friday and earns $15 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
All applicants must be willing to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols and acceptance into the internship is contingent on all applicable background checks. The minimal level of education is a college junior or senior enrolled in a relevant Graphic Design program or related field of study.
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Our internship program provides a hands-on learning experience with one of the world’s most visible youth sports organization and sporting events. It provides resume building experience in designing for page layout, environmental signage, event design, web, social media, and more as well as behind-the-scenes access to the inner-workings of graphic design in a global sports organization. The Graphic Design Intern will assist in design projects, social media graphics, print shop projects, administrative tasks, and other daily tasks as assigned.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Support the Graphic Designers in print and post-production process within Little League’s print shop.
- Assist in various graphic design projects including development of the Little League World Series Program, social media posts, complex signage, web graphics, and more.
- Resize artwork for online and print purposes.
- Print shop operation: scheduling/performing print jobs, finishing tasks (cutting, laminating, binding), post-production delivery, and print log organization. Individuals applying should be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Operate Sharp color/black and white printers.
- World Series duties such as photography support, asset management, and social media design.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Education requirement: Junior or Senior level student enrolled in a Graphic Design program.
- Familiarity with typography, color theory, page layout, and designing for social media.
- Photography: familiarity with using a DSLR camera.
- Adobe Creative Cloud knowledge (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) required.
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
Note: Please upload your resume, cover letter and 2-3 written work samples.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19.
Little League International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome underrepresented minorities to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.