Full-Time Finance & Retail Systems Support Specialist
Little League International in Williamsport, PA is looking to hire a full-time Finance & Retail Systems Support Specialist to join our Information Services team. Individuals who would like to work for an established nonprofit organization that plays a positive role in the lives of millions of youths around the world and who enjoys providing end-user support for finance and retail software and technical applications are encouraged to apply.
This full-time exempt position has core hours of Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm. You may be eligible to participate in our Flexible Work Arrangement Program. While most work is done during normal business hours, occasional peaks in workload and special events such as job fairs or calls and at the Little League World Series may require working in the evenings and on weekends. Occasional travel (<10%) may be required.
This position earns a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. A drug screen and background checks are required. We also have a 35-hour work week and offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and 20 paid holidays per calendar year in a positive work culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80 years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FINANCE & RETAIL SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
As the Finance & Retail Systems Support Specialist, you will aid the Sr. Director of Information Technology in the planning, design, support, and implementation of Little League International’s financial and retail systems infrastructure. You will partner with cross-functional teams to provide end-user support for the software and technical applications to maximize the capabilities of Little League’s computer systems and software, specifically Point of Sale software in our Retail & E-commerce environments, as well as assist with daily accounting and technical support in our Finance department.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A FINANCE & RETAIL SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance (or similar focus) and/or 3-5 years of finance-focused work experience in a business, financial, IT or retail occupation.
- Three (3) years of experience using accounting software.
- Experience in retail software for at least three (3) years a plus.
- Familiarity with e-commerce, POS, and retail inventory/warehouse management systems.
- Strong foundational knowledge and comprehension of financial processes and accounting best practices using GAAP.
- A working knowledge of the use and management of the Office 365 Suite of applications.
- Demonstrated high level of customer service skills and patience in working closely with end-users and vendors.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with a strong work ethic.
- In-depth experience with Sage Intacct, Sage Fixed Assets, or Avalara tax software.
- In-depth experience with e-commerce, POS, and retail inventory/warehouse management systems.
- Experience in a customer-facing retail environment.
- Strong general understanding of interconnected software platforms and database systems.
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We build teams from qualified candidates regardless of their gender, background, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance with regard to Covid-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.