Little League® International Digital Media Internship – Summer 2023
Little League® International of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is seeking a qualified student to join Little League’s Digital Media efforts for the summer of 2023 at our headquarters location. The internship will run from approximately May to August and is subject to availability as candidates must be available to work during the 2023 Little League Baseball® World Series in mid-August. The hours typically follow normal business hours, Monday – Friday and earns $15 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
All applicants must be willing to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols and acceptance into the internship is contingent on all applicable background checks. The preferred fields of study include Web Design and Development, Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, or related fields.
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DIGITAL MEDIA INTERN AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Our internship program provides a hands-on learning experience with one of the world’s most visible sporting events. It provides a behind-the-scenes access to the inner-workings of digital/web perspectives in a global sports organization. The Digital Media Intern will maintain and update content on LittleLeague.org (primarily focusing on our seven World Series tournaments), enhance our SEO and search keyword offerings, assist in mobile app management, build various email and newsletter publications, and provide graphic support for video board creatives.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Manage content on LittleLeague.org by incorporating photos, videos, and other rich media into articles
- Maintenance of our seven World Series tournament websites
- Update Little League Baseball and Softball scores and schedules from 80+ Region and World Series tournaments
- Enhance SEO offerings and website search keyword results
- Assist with newsletter and custom email creation
- Monitor and track user metrics with Google Analytics
- Support in mobile app management
- Assist with video board file creation and game production when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A DIGITAL MEDIA INTERN:
- Experience working with WordPress and an understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Project management and customer service skills – ensuring that all tasks are completed to satisfaction and engaging with other staff in a courteous and respectful manner
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and reach department objectives
- A positive attitude
- Familiarity with the baseball and softball – basic rules/gameplay, situations, noteworthy happenings, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly with a high degree of comfort around technology
- Simple troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
Note: Please upload your resume, cover letter and 2-3 written work samples.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19.
Little League International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome underrepresented minorities to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.