*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2020 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Position is responsible for assisting the Media Relations department in the day-to-day preparation for a game.
- Write, research, and edit daily game notes
- compile daily news clips to be emailed throughout the organization
- Copy and distribute daily game notes for home/visiting teams
- Generate, copy, and distribute stat packets provided by Major League Baseball
- Write and edit feature and secondary stories for team publications, including the yearbook and game programs
- Contribute to Royals.com blog, Royal Rundown, with stat of the day posts, minor league updates and information from field manager's daily press session with media
- Assist in the press box and scoreboard room during home games, and serve as a primary fact-checker of Crown vision scoreboard as information is updated throughout the game
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must be proficient in Microsoft computer applications, including Excel spreadsheets, and Adobe InDesign
- Must have knowledge of the game of baseball, including expansive statistical understanding and the ability to translate that understanding into game note form
- Must be proficient with statpass and the Play Index
- Excellent writing and editing skills are a must
- Work hours include holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Work independently with team oriented goals
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and plan work under own initiative
Additional Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The Kansas City Royals are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all job applications and employees.