*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2020 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Summary: Position assists the Marketing Department with the planning and implementation of giveaways, promotions, special events, and advertising.
- Write and edit live Marketing scripts daily to be read in stadium, on radio, and on television broadcasts for all games
- Assist with giveaway volunteer program preparation and event day logistics
- Complete department giveaway distribution
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory for all giveaway items
- Assist with event planning, set-up, and production for all Marketing special events & Theme Ticket events, including Salute to the Negro Leagues, Big Slick Celebrity Classic, Girls Night Out, Fan Appreciation Day, University Days, Bark at the Parks, etc.
- Act as the event point of contact for outside vendors during recurring events such as Student Night and Family Funday Sunday
- Assist with the execution of the Blue Crew Kids Club
- Manage all mailing requests, including pocket schedules and fan packs via phone and email
- Work with the Royals Box Office to complete comp ticket requests
- Be involved in meetings and projects with the Royals advertising agency
- Type up creative requests for the team’s graphic designer for needed elements
- Compile and organize industry research relating to advertising, special events, Blue Crew Kids Club, and giveaways
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Marking department
- Bachelor’s degree study in a related program
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Position requires attendance at most Royals home games
- Possess a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold, and snow
- Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Applicants must be available to commit to the full duration of the internship, from mid-January through the entire season