*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2020 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Description: The Kansas City Royals Creative Services Department is seeking an intern to assist in the execution and planning of design projects. Graphic Design Intern must be willing to work up to 35 hours a week.
Under the Creative Services Manager’s and Graphic Designer’s supervision, the intern will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist in the creation and execution of print and digital/social graphics i.e. ads, invitations, sales
decks, printed collateral, web banners, infographics, and in-stadium graphics
- Assist with basic photo editing, cropping and providing assets to other departments throughout the organization
- Assist with preparation of projects as well as coordination of projects with printers in order to ensure accuracy and timeliness of delivery
- Involvement in weekly internal and creative status meetings
- Provide support to the manager and graphic designer by maintaining consistency and upholding
the current brand and campaign standards, no matter the size of the project
- Any other design and management duties assigned by the manager
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of Lightroom, After Effects, Cinema 4D and Premiere Pro a plus
- Strong conceptual design skills
- Knowledge of production for collateral including resolution, sizes and file types, as well as scanning, pre-press and print production
- Basic operating knowledge and basic understanding of photography. As well as an eye
for photos that will convey necessary messages for brand goals
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic, team
- Organized and motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment, and ability to take design
direction and criticism is a must
Applicants must be able to commit to full duration of program and should submit a resume, portfolio samples/website, and a cover letter no later than Friday, November 25th.