Manager - Partnership Development - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Kansas City Royals are looking for a results-oriented partnership seller to generate and develop new sponsorship sales revenue. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Partnership Development, the Manager will play a key role within the Partnership Development team. This partnership sales professional will be responsible for identifying, developing and managing new Kansas City Royals partners up to the point of contract completion.
Does this Sound Like You?
Have you been looking for the most unique opportunity in professional sports? Are you interested in working in one of the most recognized sports leagues in the world? Do you find that you thrive in a strategic sales environment and are hungry for the opportunity to create alignment between brands and their sports partners?
A Little About Us
The Kansas City Royals pride ourselves on a consultative, collaborative, innovative approach to corporate partnerships. The Manager, Partnership Development will be responsible for driving revenue across the enterprise by developing creative partnerships with local, regional, and national companies and building strong long-term relationships with those brands. This individual is expected to have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Corporate Partnership department’s overall operations, including (but not limited to) special event planning, community impact programs, digital campaigns, brand management, media management, and executing/capturing case studies and best in class examples. This individual must have a passion for driving revenue, meeting department and team goals and serve as an industry specialist for prospective partners.
What Will Be Expected of You:
· Research, identify, and track sponsorship prospects regionally, nationally, and internationally within target industries and segments
· Prospect, pitch and close new sponsorship deals in support of individual and department revenue goals
· Build and maintain a robust list of prospective sponsorship targets
· Lead and direct ongoing sponsorship sales presentations with internal and external partners; develop positive relationships with prospects to execute against short and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
· Collaborate with Partnership Solutions team to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables
· Provide weekly reporting of sales metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment, and relevant sponsor interaction
· Ability to attend games and events to entertain prospects and clients
· Maintain excellent communication between the Partnerships department and other departments such as Community Impact, Ticketing, Pine Tar Collective, Legal, Baseball Operations, etc.
What We Are Looking For
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in professional sports or other related sponsorship sales
· Experience developing and selling fully integrated sponsorship packages utilizing a variety of assets including (i.e. entitlement and naming rights, in-venue visibility, digital media, broadcast media, social media, etc.)
· Experience developing engaging and impactful sales plans and presentations, promotional campaigns, proposals and associated contract negotiations
· Must bring a love of solving strategic business challenges with creative solutions in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
· Must be timely and have a flexible work schedule in order to deal effectively with special event responsibilities throughout the year: weekends, nights and holidays as dictated by events or requirements
· Thrive in a fast-paced workplace where managing multiple projects is critical to success
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.