Game Crew - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Kansas City Royals are looking to hire sports management minded individuals to serve in the role of Game Crew members. This position assists with the Royals Events and Entertainment staff. Game Crew members will help execute all facets of pre-game ceremonies and in-game features, along with special theme nights and organization events.
RESPONSIBILITIES ON GAME DAYS:
- Attend pre-game meeting – receive game duties, review all necessary items and receive instructions
- Meet all pre-game participants and thoroughly explain field instructions
- Execute assigned pre-game ceremonies
- Assist with Royals Countdown, which can include producing hosted segments, picking contestants, meeting interviewees, setting up props for contests, etc.
- Prepare for in-game features– pick contestants, set up props, etc.
- Execute assigned in-game features
- Execute any live shots, presentations, other items assigned
- Assist with any scheduled post-game ceremonies or performances
- Wrap-up meeting & clean space as needed
- Possible Duties:
- Set up/breakdown event space
- Check in participants, run participants to designated locations
- Assist with any promotions or ceremonies
- Positive thinking and attitude
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction, think on his/her feet and stay calm in stressful situations while displaying first class customer service.
- Self-starter, pro-active, highly motivated, detail oriented
- 18+ and a high school graduate by January 1, 2022
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Kansas City area
· Knowledge of the game of baseball is preferred
· No candidate may presently be affiliated with or be a representative of any other semi-professional or professional athletic franchise.
- The ability to work in and enjoy a fast-pace environment
- Flexible evening/weekend/holiday schedule
- Able to commit to at least 35 home games including Opening Day and attend all mandatory meetings and rehearsals
- Must be able to carry/move/handle 15 pounds
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY.