*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The mission of the Kansas City MLB Urban Youth Academy is to empower Kansas City’s underserved youth through baseball and softball, as well as academic and social opportunities, to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Development Director is responsible for leading the KCUYA in growing resources by developing strategies to increase annual revenue from individual donors, foundations and corporations. Responsibilities will include the research, outreach, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors and coordinating all fundraising events.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Develop strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit donors into monthly and annual giving programs
- Research and create a pipeline of prospective grants, major donors and corporate sponsors
- Serve as a liaison between donors and KCUYA programs to ensure individuals develop a meaningful relationship with the organization
- Work to diversify the portfolio of supporters, including current donors, high net worth contributors, board members and others
- Engage new and current donors through annual events, development activities, etc.
- Maintain an accurate donor database with donor information and generate regular activity reports
- Coordinate two annual large-scale fundraisers (Spring Event and Queens of the Diamond) and several smaller fundraisers per year
- Create and implement recognition programs for individual and corporate donors and volunteers
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Manage grant writing process including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Lead the development of high quality donor communications and collateral materials
- Assure sound fiscal operation of development efforts, including developing timely and accurate reports of charitable contributions income and expense budgets
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws and code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct
- Keep informed of trends in philanthropy and fund development and participating in relevant professional organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Baseline certification in fundraising (ex. CFRE) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of non-profit fundraising experience required. Membership in a professional fundraising association preferred
- Demonstrated experience and confidence with the nature and dimensions of fundraising techniques, including solicitation, grant and proposal writing, special events, and donor relationship cultivation
- Experience with developing and maintaining budgets, long range financial forecasting, strategic plans, etc.
- Experience working with executive leadership, board of directors and volunteers
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend and evening hours
- Must pass a background and drug screening