International League Careers
Part-Time Bookkeeper - Omaha Storm Chasers (Papillion · NE)
Omaha Storm Chasers jobs
Sports Jobs in Papillion · NE
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Purchasing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
The Bookkeeper records all day to day transactions for income and expenses and available cash. In addition, this position will be responsible for all invoicing and collections as well as vendor payments.
- General ledger entries for all contracted revenue and related adjustments in Quickbooks
- General ledger entries for all miscellaneous revenue and related adjustments in Quickbooks
- Assist with reconciliation of revenue on the general ledger to revenues on subsidiary ledgers
- Receive payments from customers and game day areas in Quickbooks
- Process deposits for all funds received and record in Quickbooks
- Count, record receipts and prepare deposit for armored car retrieval in a timely manner each day following an event
- Monitor open and past due accounts and communicate with sales personnel to collect in a timely manner
- Process invoices to be paid and manage payment of all amounts owed by the team
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and PayPal accounts
- Initiate and process payment via ACH, check or credit card
- Distribute and reconcile meal money and travel money for players and staff
- Monitor petty cash accounts
- Assist the with budgeting and reporting functions as time allows
- Ensure all contracts, paid invoices and other critical documents are properly filed and archived
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- At least one year of prior accounting, finance or cash management experience preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong math aptitude and ability to attend to detail
- Ability to process work with accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and database programs
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Ability and willingness to work varied hours including occasional nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please describe prior Quickbooks experience.
What is your desired rate of pay?
What is your earliest start date?